Camera Club Rules
- The Club shall be called the Banbury Camera Club and membership shall be open to all interested in photography.
- Membership of the Club entitles any member to attend and participate in the activities of the Club, and implies an undertaking to comply with these Rules.
- Membership shall take effect on payment of the appropriate membership fee.
- The officers shall consist of a Chairman, Hon. Secretary, Hon. Treasurer and a maximum of two Programme Secretaries. The Committee may appoint a Vice Chairman at their discretion.
- The affairs of the Club shall be managed by a Committee consisting of the officers and not more than seven members, to be elected at the AGM.
- Officers and Committee members are eligible for reelection each year, with the exception of the Chairman and Hon. Secretary, who shall not be eligible to serve for more than the following periods consecutively: Chairman: Two years maximum.
- The Secretary shall keep minutes of all meetings and conduct the correspondence of the Club.
- The Treasurer shall collect all subscriptions and monies due, and make payments, after authorisation by the Committee. At the close of each Club financial year, the Treasurer shall draw up a balance sheet and income and expenditure report. These, together with the general financial records, shall be examined by an Examiner appointed for this purpose at the previous AGM. The balance sheet and income and expenditure report shall then be submitted to the AGM for approval.
- At Committee meetings five shall form a quorum, and at a General Meeting 25% of the paid-up membership.
- An Extraordinary General Meeting may be convened on a resolution signed by at least 5 members or 5% of the membership, whichever is the greater, stating the object of the meeting, and sent to the Secretary at least 14 days before the date proposed.
- The Club’s financial year shall end on 31st March, and the Annual General Meeting shall be held in April or May.
- The annual subscription shall be fixed at the AGM for the twelve months immediately following, and be due from the start of the new season in September. Any person who is a full-time student over 18 may be admitted to membership at one half fee at the discretion of the Committee. There will be special fees for unwaged and for juniors (under 18), and there will be a family membership concession (second subscription at half the appropriate rate). There will be a reduced annual subscription of two thirds the appropriate fee for those joining after 31st December which covers the remaining part of the club year.
- Visitors to ordinary Club meetings may be charged the appropriate fee as laid down by the Committee.
- The name of any member whose subscription is more than three months in arrears may be removed from the list by order of the Committee.
- A member may be expelled or asked to resign from the Club at the discretion of the Committee. The Committee can request a member to appear before it provided that, where any accusation or charge is made, the member shall be given full and reasonable opportunity to put forward a defence and bring witnesses to a later meeting. Any member expelled or
asked to resign shall have the right to an Extraordinary General Meeting called for the purpose. All minutes of Committee meetings and Extraordinary General Meetings called under this rule shall be treated as privileged and confidential.
- The Club shall be affiliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain through the Chilterns Association of Camera Clubs.
- All other rules made since the formation of the Club, and not included in the above, are rescinded.
- No alteration of, or addition to, these Rules shall be made except by the Annual General Meeting, or an Extraordinary General Meeting called in accordance with Rule 10.
- Rules relating to competitions and exhibitions are outside the above Rules. These may be amended by the agreement of the Committee and advertised to members well in advance of the event to which they relate.
- In the event of the club being wound up, the assets shall be given to an appropriate charity, the charity to be decided at the time.