A while ago Banbury Camera Club were given the opportunity to hang an exhibition in Café Red, the canal-side café which is part of Banbury Museum.
Since that time we have presented several exhibitions on the walls of the café. The latest exhibition presents the Katharine House Hospice 2018 Calendar.
In this exhibition of photographs by members of the Banbury Camera Club, we are showing the twelve pictures of local scenes which appear in the Katharine House Hospice 2018 Calendar.
For several years now the camera club has provided photographs for this annual publication. Members are encouraged to take photographs which portray Banbury, surrounding villages and country scenes. From an annual submission of around one hundred images, it is staff at Katharine House Hospice who select the twelve pictures to appear in the calendar. This year club members represented are John Buttress, Ian Draper, Nigel Hall, Keith Long, John Taylor, Andrew Spackman and Barrie Wood.
Since 2006, Banbury Camera Club has supported Katharine House Hospice through its annual exhibition in The Heseltine Gallery at Chenderit School, with print sales and donations from visitors raising several hundred pounds each year.
The calendar is on sale at £4.50. It includes seasonal recipes and the photos can later be used as postcards. An ideal Christmas present!
Katharine House Hospice
Katharine House Hospice offers specialist palliative care to patients with an incurable illness. Its catchment area covers North Oxfordshire and parts of Northamptonshire and Warwickshire – a community of about 140,000 people. Patients are mainly referred to Katharine House from their GP, or from a hospital consultant.
To find out more about the work of Katharine House Hospice and its fundraising events and activities, visit the website: www.khh.org.uk
You can also find Katharine House Hospice on Facebook and Twitter.
Previous exhibitions have included:
- Banbury Camera Club’s 70th Anniversary “British Life” display of club members’ photographs.
- twelve pictures by BCC members selected by Katharine House for their 2017 Calendar.
- an exhibition by Banbury Camera Club Chairman, Andrew Spackman ARPS – a panel of prints he submitted to the Royal Photographic Society to gain his ARPS award.
- an exhibition of flower and garden photographs by club member John Buttress.
- an exhibition by Michael Butterworth LRPS – photographs of musicians taken during live performances, all shot at festivals and gigs in Oxfordshire.
- Images of Banbury A selection from an ongoing project run by club member Alan Sargeant maintaining a library of historic photographs of Banbury.